The Nanofabrication and Functional Materials (NFM) research group was established on 1st March 2011, at the School of Mechanical Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia (Engineering Campus). The NFM research group was founded by Dr. Khairudin Mohamed, Dr. Abdus Samad Mahmud and Dr. Jamaluddin Abdullah. This group’s expertise is in nanofabrication techniques and characterization of functional materials.
At the moment, the NFM research group is focusing on the following research areas:
- Nanofabrication: Fundamental Research, MEMS/NEMS Devices and Energy Conversion Devices
- Lithography Technologies: Optical and Nanoimprint Lithography Techniques, Nanomanufacturing tools.
- Thin Film Deposition Technologies: Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Sputtering
- Functional Materials: Metal Oxide Nanowires and Gradient Behaviour Shape Memory Alloy
- Smart Materials: Shape Memory Characterization, NiTi Coating and NiTi applications, toughening of ceramics using SMA, fundamental study of solid state phase formation mechanism.
We are open to any collaboration works as well as consultation works in these research areas. A number of research topics also available for postgraduate studies.
This multidisciplinary research team involves on research works ranging from fundamental to applied sciences of advanced materials, functional materials and nanofabrication research area. This research team focuses on the nano-scale engineering of materials and processes in the making of nanostructures for various device applications.